Call for papers for our first volume
The journal is now accepting submissions for its first volume. For more information on guidelines and how to submit your manuscript, check the submissions page.
GJEL Volume 1
The Groningen Journal of European Law is newly launched, and we are excited to announce that the journal's first volume will open in January 2021. The journal accepts and publishes articles on a rolling basis.
We are interested in articles that offer original and critical perspectives on issues within the field of European Union law. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Constitutional aspects of the Union.
- Internal and external relations of the EU.
- Specific issues within the member states that affect the European Union, including national courts.
- European private law, the internal market and competition law.
- Fundamental rights and the EU charter.
- The European institutions and its relationship to national institutions.
- European criminal law.
- Digitalisation in the EU, such as issues pertaining to AI and big-tech.
While the journal targets a broad academic readership, we especially welcome article submissions from PhD candidates and researchers in the beginning of their careers. Accessibility is one of our values, which is why we ensure articles are judged based on their merit rather than on the author's publication history or affiliation.
For questions, please contact our editors.